The programmes of study that we follow are:
Foundation Stage: Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework. (Mathematics)
Key Stage 1: National Curriculum 2014
Subject Leader: Mrs L Mason
Early Years Foundation Stage Leader: Miss Simper
At Blossomfield Infant School we endeavour to provide an engaging mathematics education that enables our children to:
- Become fluent mathematicians who are confident to recall and apply knowledge rapidly.
- Acquire the mathematical vocabulary needed in order to effectively communicate their understanding and develop their ability to reason mathematically.
- Become independent problem solvers who take risks and persevere with challenges.
- Make connections across mathematical concepts and apply their mathematical knowledge to other subjects. e.g. Science
- Enjoy Maths and experience success.