Get In Touch

Contact Details

Social Media

Translate
Search

Blossomfield

Infant and Nursery School

'Blossom at Blossomfield'

Minutes of fgb 11.7.18

 Minutes of the Statutory Meeting of the Board Of Governors at Blossomfield

Infant & Nursery School on Wednesday 17 July 2018 

 

Present:                Mrs L Bosley (Chair of Governing Body) (LB), Mrs B Farkas

(Headteacher) (BF), Mrs S Church (SC) , Mrs D Rothwell (DR), Mrs C Bywater (CB), Mr T Tiwana (TT), Mrs Annette Mackenzie (AM)

Apologies:             

Absent without     Mr Stuart Hughes (SH), 

Apologies:              

In Attendance:       

 

The meeting opened at 6pm and was quorate throughout (8 governors reducing to 6 for item 15)

 

 

 

Agenda Item

 

Supporting Documents

3

Minutes from the previous meetings – 28 March 2018

 

4

Draft Minutes of Resources Committee Meeting of 13 June 2018

 

Final Outturn 2017/18 School and Childcare

 

Schedule A at 31 March 2018 and Projects

 

Forward Forecast 2018-19 v10

 

Monitoring Statement May 2018 School and Childcare

 

5

Training records for Spring term 2018

 

SMBC Governor Training programme details for 2018/19

 

6

Charging & Remissions Policy

 

Volunteer Policy

 

8

Report of the Head Teacher

 

Blossomfield Childcare Report

 

Child Protection / SEN report

 

Curriculum Reports

 

CPD Record

 

9

SENCO Report

 

10

Minutes of Teaching and Learning Committee Meeting of 2 May 2018

 

 

 

Minute Item

Outcomes

3.2

 

 

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 28 March 2018 were approved and signed by the Chair as a true and accurate record of the meeting.

 

Minute ref: BFGB170718.1

 

3.3

Mrs Bosley was elected as an LA Representative until 31 August 2022 in the role of Chair of Governors for a period of 4 years.

 

 

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.2

 

3.4

Clerk to contact NGA to ascertain why AM and JS had not been receiving their copies of the NGA magazine.

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.3

Clerk to add Budget 2017/18 end of year updated and Budget 2018/19 – progress v actual to agenda of next meeting.

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.4

 

3.5

Clerk to add Skills Audit to agenda of next meeting.

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.5

All governors to send in an evaluation of their role as a governor to be in school by the start of the autumn term to be included in the School Development Plan.

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.6

The Chair to resend out Governor Training Programme for Autumn Term.

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.7

 

3.6

The Volunteer Policy and Charging & Remissions Policy were adopted by governors.

 

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.8

 

3.8

All governors to read the Keeping Children Safe in Education and complete Prevent training. The certificate produced following the online Prevent training must be forwarded to the Headteacher to retain on file.

 

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.9

 

3.12

Tender for ICT Services was awarded to Magix.

 

Minute ref: BFGBM170718.10

 

 

 

3.1

Welcome and Apologies for Absence

 

The Chair welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked them for attending at short notice due to the meeting on 11 July having been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.  No apologies had been received from SH. 

 

3.11

Declaration of Pecuniary Interests 

 

There were no changes to any declared interests or new declared interests.

 

 

3.2

Minutes of Meeting held on 28 March 2018

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 28 March 2018 were approved by governors as a true and accurate record of the meeting and were signed by the Chair.

 

3.3

 

Matters Arising from the Minutes

 

There were no matters arising.

At this stage the chair left the meeting and handed the chair to TT in order for the governors to discuss whether or not they wanted to re-elect her as an LA Representative, the role and the term of office.

Mrs Bosley was elected as an LA Representative until 31 August 2022 in the role of Chair of Governors for a period of 4 years. (Governors Services have been informed.)

3.4

Resources Committee Report

 

The draft minutes of the Resources Committee held on 13 June 2018 had been circulated to governors and were duly noted.

Governors confirmed that they would like to continue with the NGA Gold Membership for the next Academic Year. AM and JS advised they had not been receiving their copies of the NGA magazine and asked for the Clerk of Governors to chase this up.

To be held over for next meeting:

4.1 Budget 2017/18 end of year updated

4.3 Budget 2018/19 – progress v actual

 

3.5

Governance

The Chair informed governors that TT would be leaving the Board in the autumn term. TT had kindly agreed to undertake the role of HT’s PM with Mrs Bosley. The Chair thanked TT for his service to Blossomfield and for fulfilling the role of Chair of Resources Committee.

The Chair discussed the need for new governors especially in the fields of finance and law. It was hoped that parents will come forward to fill parent vacancies in the autumn term and would be very reassuring to have a full Board of Governors in place for the next meeting on 21 November 2018.

5.2 Skills Audit – to be held over to next meeting.

The Chair asked all governors to send in an evaluation of their role as a governor to be in school by the start of the autumn term to be included in the School Development Plan.

 

 

5.3 The Chair to resend out Governor Programme for Autumn Term.

Training Records

 

The Spring term training records were noted.

 

 

3.6

 

Adoption of Policies  

The following polices were adopted by Governors:

6.1 Charging and Remissions Policy - this had been previously presented to Resources Committee

6.2 Volunteers Policy

 

3.8

 

Headteacher’s Report

 

The comprehensive Headteacher’s report had been circulated with the agenda.  

CM had contacted the Headteacher with a query which was explained before the meeting by the Headteacher. The Chair asked the Headteacher to thank the staff who had contributed to sending out a very comprehensive Curriculum Report to Governors. It was not discussed further having been noted by the governors.

8.3 Single Central Register signed by the Headteacher and the Chair. School Bullying and Incident Registers were noted and signed by Mrs Bosley

8.4 Blossomfield Childcare Report was accepted by governors.

8.5 The Headteacher informed the governors that the opening of the new Childcare facilities was a great success and that children from the School Council gave the Lady Mayor a conducted tour of the building. The picnic on the playing field went very well and the Helpers/ex members of staff afternoon tea was very well attended and enjoyed by everyone. These celebrations were a joint between the opening of the Childcare Unit and the 60th Anniversary of Blossomfield School.

8.6 National & Local Updates

The Headteacher asked Governors to note that there were two links in the Headteacher’s report:

Prevent Training

Safeguarding

This online training must be undertaken by all staff including Governors and the certificate sent to the Headteacher for her records.

 

3.9

SENCO Report to Governors

 

This had been circulated to governors in advance of the meeting.

 

The Chair thanked Mrs Morrison and Mrs Lee and indeed all staff for ensuring that all children were able to access the support they need.

 

3.10

Teaching & Learning Committee

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 2 May 2018 had been sent to governors with the agenda.  Governors had no comments on the minutes of the meeting. 

 

 

3.11

Chair’s Action

 

No report given. This will be incorporated into the Autumn report.

 

3.12

Website

The Headteacher informed the governors that the new web site was very exciting and almost ready to be launched.

Tender for ICT Services were discussed and the governors decided to award the tender to Magix. Governors were informed that Magix was already working within school and doing a very good job. The Chair would inform Mrs Atkinson of the outcome in order for the paperwork to be processed.

 

3.13

Publication of Minutes and Papers

 

It was agreed that there were no confidential matters with the exception of item 16.

 

3.14

AOB

 

None.

 

3.15

Date of Autumn Statutory Meeting

 

Wednesday 21 November at 6pm.

 

SC and DR left the meeting prior to item 16.

 

3.16

Ratify Staff & Headteacher Pay Decisions

 

The Chair handed the meeting over to the Headteacher who went through her recommendations for Single Status Staff which would be backdated to 1 April 2018 and Deputy Head Teacher’s ISR. The outcome would be recorded in a separate confidential minute.

 

3.17

Termination of Meeting

 

The main part of the meeting closed at 6.40pm.

 

 

 

School Values

Below are our core values.

Happiness

Respect

Caring

Responsibility

Perseverance

Independence

Top